The School of St. JudeEducate the disadvantaged
The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an International Content Production Officer to create accurate and engaging content to promote The School of St Jude across multiple channels. Increase awareness of The School of St Jude brand, resulting in increased website and social media traffic and actions, newsletter subscriptions, and media activity. The ideal candidate will have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs.
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Develop quarterly editorial plans for content creation
- Contribute to a media engagement strategy
In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Plan and create content for St Jude’s international monthly newsletter, including multimedia requirements and facilitate distribution.
- Maintain the newsletter subscriber list on a monthly basis and undertake engagement analysis.
- Write, edit, and repurpose content for international mediums including, but not limited to; blogs, media releases, photo captions, social media, email blasts, infographics, video scripts, etc.
- Create and update content for the website and work with other departments to ensure all information is correct.
- Provide support with day-to-day and editorial queries from external parties and other teams.
- Direct and oversee activities of the school’s student marketing club and ensure these are in-keeping with its strategic objectives.
- Assist with international promotional material and content for annual promotional tours and fundraising appeals.
- Undertake marketing meetings with visitors to the school when required.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the school and identify ways to integrate content into other communications strategies.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the marketing image library and facilitate requests.
- Demonstrate best practice for online content creation, particularly usability and accessibility.
- Monitor and respond to enquiries to the marketing inbox.
- Support the marketing team with other administrative tasks, research, asset creation and content uploading, as appropriate.
- Contribute to search engine optimisation by undertaking link building activity.
Monitoring and Review
- Report on student marketing club activities and outcomes.
- Contribute to monthly marketing reports.
- Attend marketing team meetings and one-to-one meetings with manager.
- Keep up-to-date with, and be responsive to, technological advances in digital media content creation.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department, Manager, Founder and the Employer.
Skills and required experience
- Two to three years of editorial, copywriting, and digital content creation experience in a busy environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- Basic HTML and web editing skills and familiarity with software for multimedia production (audio, video).
- Hands-on experience in creative writing and communications and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and fundraising.
- Content management knowledge and skills and good understanding of the digital and content marketing landscape.
- Strong desire to learn, try new things, and problem solve.
- Experience of updating websites in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience of using web-based content management systems, publishing to social media platforms and other databases.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, but also as part of a team.
- Ability and enthusiasm to be a creative and imaginative contributor to the marketing team.
- Fluent written and spoken English (IELTS Level 8 or equivalent).
- Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
- A Local Wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
- International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
- Mid-Morning Tea & Lunch (during working days)
- Opportunities for career development.
- Welcoming community of international and local employees.
- Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave.
How to Apply
Complete the following:
- A Cover letter (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/MRKTN/02/19)
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae.
- A completed Application Form.
- Email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.