Are you ready to end global hunger and make a real impact?
As an Android engineer for ShareTheMeal you will be responsible for the technical development of our multi-platform mobile app with a global reach. Your focus will be on iterating and a/b testing new features and helping us personalize the user experience. Together, we want to create a slim and exciting Android app that makes it easy for our users to help make this world a better place!
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience in developing native mobile apps for Android
- Knowledge of mobile design and development as well as quality assurance and code reviews
- Experience building large-scale apps with a global reach and engaging daily active users
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Talented, enthusiastic and driven co-workers who want to change the world – with the right mix of hard work and fun
- Last but definitely not least, this is your opportunity to make this world a better place! You will help end global hunger.
Our backend is written in node.js and runs on AWS (EC2, S3, Opswork, Cloudwatch, SNS, CloudFront, Route53, Amazon RDS, etc.) with Continuous Integration and Test Automation. We develop native on iOS with Swift and in Java+Kotlin for Android. Other tools include Contentful and Loco.
Good to know:
Being familiar with some of the following is a plus: RxJava, in-app video playback and capture, right-to-left layouts, native payment provider SDKs (e.g. Stripe, Braintree), static and interactive map rendering (e.g. Mapbox, Google Maps), low-level network request tuning (e.g. OkHttp), Social Media SDKs (e.g. Facebook, Twitter), vector-based animations (e.g. Lottie)
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(f/m) stands for (either female or male) and is a necessary attribute within job descriptions in various countries.