Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Reporting to: Policy Director
Starting: as soon as possible
We are looking for a Regional Representative to represent the off-grid solar energy sector in West Africa and kick-start our representation in the region. Our members are increasingly expanding their business into West African countries, with many markets in the ECOWAS region offering vast opportunities for off-grid solar. You will play a vital role in realizing these opportunities for the industry by engaging stakeholders such as policy-makers, investors and donors. Your work will help create an environment in which off-grid solar business can thrive and are able to bring the life-changing impact of their products and services to millions of people.
Your daily tasks include representing the industry in meetings with policy makers and larger events, influencing policy developments, regular conversations with our members in West Africa and growing our stakeholder network across the region. You might also join forces with your colleagues to organize local events, raise funds and deliver activities linked to our three programs.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- a high level of passion for GOGLA’s mission and objectives,
- a minimum of seven years progressively responsibly experience in the field of international business development; working experience with an industry association is highly desirable; experience in policy and advocacy work is a requirement,
- excellent and proven networking, communication, and presentation skills in English and French; command of other regional African languages is considered an asset,
- strong moderation and coordination skills and ability to facilitate outcome oriented meetings with diverse stakeholders,
- the ability to think strategically and analytically, and work creatively,
- the ability to communicate professionally and convincingly with counterparts at various levels of seniority.
What’s in it for you?
In return, you’ll get to be part of a global and supportive team who want to hear your ideas. We have a strong focus on our culture and trying new ways of working, and ongoing learning and development. Your work will help scale the global off-grid solar market bringing clean and reliable energy access to hundreds of millions of people. We offer competitive remuneration in line with experience and qualifications.
Who are we?
GOGLA is the global association for the off-grid solar energy industry. Established in 2012, GOGLA now represents over 135 members as a neutral, independent, not-for-profit industry association. Our mission is to help members build sustainable markets, delivering quality, affordable products and services to as many households, businesses and communities as possible across the developing world. The products and solutions that GOGLA members sell transform lives. They improve health and education, create jobs and income opportunities and help consumers save money. To find out more, go to www.gogla.org.