The company’s mission is provide sustainable energy and financial services to the 150 million people living off-grid in West Africa. Leveraging business solutions to address energy poverty and financial exclusion, Oolu provides high-quality products, local-language customer service, and market-adapted finance plans to rural communities across the region. With ambitious plans for regional growth and product innovation, Oolu remains focused on creating energy access and financial inclusion for all, creating new opportunities for off-grid communities.
- Support the development, the roll out and the test of tech platforms and tools
- Be the contact person between the company and our IT developers
- Assist the technology department with the planning, management and analysis of all IT related activities
- Support the design of new processes and tools that simplify management and improve the efficiency of our network of agents
- Train and build capacity in the local team to ensure continuity of the improved and/or new processes
Skills and Experience:
- Management of IT projects with the Agile method
- Knowledge of IT programming and Data management and analytics
- Proven ability to work independently and manage a small team of IT developers
- French and Wolof proficiency is required, English and other local languages would be considered an asset
- Ability to take initiative and learn quickly
- Curiosity toward the use of technology in a rural setting
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving (solution-oriented)
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross-culturally
- Persistence, sense of humor and an open mind!