Oolu is one of the fastest growing off-grid solar companies in West Africa. Our mission is to replace dirty and expensive lighting solutions with sustainable energy alternatives for the 150 million people living without electricity in West Africa. Our vision is to be a leading energy and financial services provider to millions of customers in the developing world. Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to offer high-quality solar products on an affordable financing plan. We are proud of our after-sales commitment, with replacement parts under warranty and customer service representatives who speak the local languages of our customers. In Wolof, a national language of Senegal, Oolu means ‘trust’. By building trust with the communities in which we work, we can grow together.
- Portfolio Appraisal – Financial analysis: Development, analysis and reporting of financial and portfolio performance KPI’s.
- Field Operation Appraisal: Analysis of field operation efficiency and effect on portfolio performance. Development of improvement strategies, balancing financial and operational burden with portfolio improvement.
- Market & Portfolio Intelligence: Investigate portfolio characteristics and customer behaviour using our database and results from pilots, tests and surveys. Development of a predictive model for customer and portfolio performance.
- Suggest improvements to pricing strategy by evaluating cost, customer behaviour, market positioning, economic conditions and volume.
- Develop and drive creative margin improvement initiatives.
- Work cross-function to drive the execution of improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant degree or more than 2 years experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills, background in statistics/behavioural economics
- Multi-Department Experience preferable
- Knowledge/interest in rural communities, social enterprise or development
- Naturally seeks to develop and translate analytical insight into actionable strategies for solving real-world problems
- Experience using Database Management, Data Visualization or Statistical Analysis tools
- Dynamic, curious, keen problem solver
- Proficiency in French and English
- Leadership or Project Management experience preferable
- Commitment to 2 years with Oolu in West Africa