Jibu is looking for a strategic business thinker who is a creative problem-solver and who wishes to commit a minimum of three years to help lead a rapidly growing company to make a profit while also making a big social impact. The successful candidate will be an experienced hands-on manager with proven knowledge of the systems, processes and management tools required to lead an effective team and run a successful business.
This position requires:
- A leader who can respond with agility to dynamic internal and external challenges that include meeting the needs of franchisees, community leaders and government officials
- A problem solver eager to work creatively and persistently to get the job done
- A manager with the ability to build, develop, train, and manage a group of diverse individuals
- An individual who has the ability to work strategically, flexibly and persistently to solve tough challenges
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on growing a business, managing costs and implementing measures to ensure continuous improvement
- A strong communicator able to liaise between international members and stakeholders
- Proven operations and project management skills
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
- The Country Director (CD) will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of business expansion – inside Uganda and in neighboring countries – with a focus on operationalizing Jibu’s strategic direction. The CD will build on current management practices, strengthening business development and local and international partnerships. Responsibilities will vary and require hands-on persistence, long hours, and the agility to respond to and address challenges and needs that arise every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in setting strategic direction for Jibu Uganda and beyond
- Represent Jibu’s interests in overseeing and managing Franchisees and all business activities
- Develop and implement business processes and tactical plans
- Take responsibility for planning and logistics in-country and in assigned new markets
- Effectively develop and lead the Jibu Uganda staff team
- Provide key operational support of Jibu’s international expansion via direct and indirect franchising
- Take responsibility for stakeholder management, regulatory compliance and governance
- Work closely with the Jibu executive team in assessing business strategy, evaluating and assessing opportunities in existing market
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an emerging market context, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
- At least 5 years’ business experience, minimum of two at a senior management level
- Proven track record of leadership in a rapidly growing team of professionals with diverse backgrounds and international experience
- Motivated by impact with strong entrepreneurial and business instincts
- Strong understanding of Uganda business environment and proven active local network of relevant stakeholders
- Strong project management and operations skills
- Personality profile: practical, organized, results-oriented achiever, responsive, persistent, likeable, resourceful, disciplined, high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, professional who likes challenges
- Fluent English language skills, as well as fluency in Luganda or another local language
- Franchise experience a plus
- Project management qualification (PMP, Prince2, APM, etc.) a plus
- Strong preference for Ugandan/East African national applicants. Female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate will earn a competitive base salary. Strong performance and/or equity incentives may be additionally offered on the achievement of organizational goals.
Send CV/resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every application we receive. If you have not received an invitation for an interview from us within 4 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.