DevelopmentAlternativesWorld's oldest social enterprise
Job Code DAD_843 | Delhi | 5 to 7 years
- Name of Organisation: Development Alternatives
- Position: Manager
- Qualification: Post-Graduation in any of the mentioned Agriculture Engineering / Hydro geology / Forest Management / Environment Management / Agriculture
- Job Type: Regular
- Location: Delhi
- No. of Position: 01
- Experience: 5 to 7 years
- Person should have worked on medium or large infrastructure projects like irrigation management/ landscape restoration/ forest management / ground water management / watershed management / climate change / agriculture / livelihood etc.
- Have strong understanding about natural resource management, landscape restoration, forest management, climate change, ground water management, and livelihood issues.
- Have understanding about project management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, documentation and grant management etc.
- Should have ability to write proposal and developing new concepts.
- Should have leadership quality, ready to take initiative and ability to work in a team.
- Organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations and on short notice.
- Should have good written and oral communication skill.
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication system. IT- know-how (MS Office, Access or other database programme).
About Us :
Development Alternatives (DA), the world’s first social enterprise dedicated to sustainable development, is a research and action organisation striving to deliver socially equitable, environmentally sound and economically scalable development outcomes. DA’s green technology innovations for habitat, water, energy and waste management, which deliver basic needs and generate sustainable livelihoods, have reduced poverty and rejuvenated natural ecosystems in the most backward regions of India, creating some one million livelihoods and empowering over 6 million people.
DA’s Mission is to help eliminate poverty and regenerate the environmental resource base through methods that are highly scalable. Its activities broadly cover three primary areas that underlie any sustainable development process: the design and large-scale dissemination of appropriate technologies, rational environmental management systems, and equitable people-oriented institutions and policies. The DA Group innovates such eco-solutions to help meet the basic needs of all and works with partners, including government bodies, local entrepreneurs and civil society to market these in a commercially viable and an environmentally friendly manner to an ever-growing body of consumers.
Thus, a conglomerate called Development Alternatives Group was set up, comprising five organizations. The non-profit Societies, such as the flagship entity Development Alternatives and TARA (Technology and Action for Rural Advancement) are responsible for research, innovation, policy, incubation of green businesses and technical support services.
- Vision: A world where every citizen can live a secure, healthy and fulfilling life, in harmony with nature
- Mission: To create models that generates sustainable livelihoods in large numbers.
- Approach: Innovation, implementation and influence to create large scale impact.