DevelopmentAlternativesWorld's Oldest Social Enterprise
Job Code : DAD_844 | Delhi | 5-7 years
- Name of Organisation: Development Alternatives
- Position: Senior Manager
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in development studies, social work, rural development or appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Job Type: Regular
- Location: Delhi
- No. of Position: 01
- Experience: 5 to 7 years
- Programme development and project management.
- Fundraising and associated donor management.
- Create & manage team members.
- Development of knowledge products in the area of skill development, livelihoods, and related themes.
- Should have good written and oral communication skill.
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication system. IT- know-how (MS Office, Access or other database programme).
About Us :
Development Alternatives (DA), the world’s first social enterprise dedicated to sustainable development, is a research and action organization striving to deliver socially equitable, environmentally sound and economically scalable development outcomes. DA’s green technology innovations for habitat, water, energy and waste management, which deliver basic needs and generate sustainable livelihoods, have reduced poverty and rejuvenated natural ecosystems in the most backward regions of India, creating some one million livelihoods and empowering over 6 million people.
DA’s Mission is to help eliminate poverty and regenerate the environmental resource base through methods that are highly scalable. Its activities broadly cover three primary areas that underlie any sustainable development process: the design and large-scale dissemination of appropriate technologies, rational environmental management systems, and equitable people-oriented institutions and policies. The DA Group innovates such eco-solutions to help meet the basic needs of all and works with partners, including government bodies, local entrepreneurs and civil society to market these in a commercially viable and an environmentally friendly manner to an ever-growing body of consumers.
Thus, a conglomerate called Development Alternatives Group was set up, comprising five organizations. The non-profit Societies, such as the flagship entity Development Alternatives and TARA (Technology and Action for Rural Advancement) are responsible for research, innovation, policy, incubation of green businesses and technical support services.
- Vision: A world where every citizen can live a secure, healthy and fulfilling life, in harmony with nature
- Mission: To create models that generates sustainable livelihoods in large numbers.
- Approach: Innovation, implementation and influence to create large scale impact.