Viamo, originally known as VOTO Mobile, was started in 2012 by a handful of Ghanaian and Canadian engineers in Kumasi on the campus of KNUST (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology). The founders noticed that there had been a huge increase in mobile phone usage, but that very few organisations were using this communication channel to reach their end-users. So they decided to first create an SMS channel to spread information to end-users, but soon found that did not effectively reach or engage rural populations, especially rural women. They decided to add a voice (IVR, Interactive Voice Response) channel, which proved much more effective. Since then we have greatly expanded our products, reach and impact. In 2017 we significantly expanded our management team and re-branded under Viamo, with the same goal of improving lives via mobile by reaching the most isolated populations and providing them with information to make informed decisions for a healthy, prosperous life.
Viamo now has representation in more than 20 major markets in Africa and Asia. We reach more than 100,000 people per day — more than 10 million people from 2012 to 2017.
We are experts in:
- Strategy advice
- Mobile engagement services
- Tech integration with Mobile Network Operators
Our approach offers:
- Interactive, targeted and measurable mobile engagement campaigns and surveys, using existing platform for easy and fast implementation
- Full-featured mobile engagement solutions to serve complex programming on IVR, SMS, Apps, Web and IM bots
- In-country design and implementation support and understanding of digital ecosystems
- Strategic connections to telecoms to offer special services and guarantee the lowest price, highest reliability, largest scale
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
We envision a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives, and have meaningful relationships with governments, civil society, and businesses.
- Africa | East
- Africa | Middle
- Africa | South
- Africa | West
- Asia | Southeast
- Asia | South
Indonesia, Cambodia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Senegal, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Ghana