CNFA works with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food.
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 15 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We work to cultivate entrepreneurship
30 years on, our staff remains the most significant driver in pursuing CNFA’s mission to stimulate economic growth and improve livelihoods by cultivating entrepreneurship. We champion the entrepreneurial spirit at all levels and embrace the notion that bold development solutions can come from singular, sometimes unexpected sources.
We are development experts but also experienced business owners, agronomists, and farmers.
Recognizing this is inherent in our DNA. Our diverse organization has grown to more than 500 employees worldwide – we are development experts but also experienced business owners, agronomists, and farmers. As a global team, this collective knowledge shapes and informs our work.
CNFA encourages each of our employees to participate across disciplines to make their own, unique contribution towards fulfilling our shared goals. Since 1985, this commitment to our employees has produced the fresh ideas necessary to serve our partners’ technical, managerial and strategic needs in over 44 different countries
At the core of our culture is a focus on nurturing the individual skills, interests, and aspirations of our employees. We are proud to cultivate future development leaders and employ a robust career development strategy that reflects this.
CNFA realizes the importance of providing a clear framework for long-term professional growth that is balanced with the flexibility for employees to branch out, whether to work in a new professional capacity or at one of our program offices overseas.
CNFA recruits and retains top talent by offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits – currently including health, life, AD&D, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance coverage, a retirement plan, and a robust time-off program. We are a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and are supportive of family, wellness, and a healthy work-life balance.
We work within multiple fields of expertise
- Sustainable agricultural production - We harness a private sector driven and value chain approach to promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Input supply and farm services - CNFA believes that improved access to agricultural inputs and services results in one of the most important ways to boost yields and help smallholders move from subsistence to more market-oriented farming.
- Enterprise Development - We promote sustainable, rural-based enterprise development by targeting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to drive growth and income-generating opportunities in the agricultural sector.
- Access to finance - We improve financial access by engaging both supply- and demand-side stakeholders to help in clearing away obstacles to obtaining agricultural financing.
- Livelihoods strengthening - We strengthen livelihoods by improving agricultural production, helping smallholder farmers engage in new and existing markets, developing household assets, and increasing the resiliency of vulnerable households.
- Processing and post-harvest management - We integrate processing and modern postharvest handling practices in our programs to expand profitability, competitiveness and export capacities of food processing enterprises.
- Market access - We believe that post-harvest handling practices, traceability, and quality standards are essential to ensuring market access at the local, national, and international levels.
- Africa | East
- Africa | Middle
- Africa | North
- Africa | West
- Americas | Caribbean
- Asia | Central
Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Haiti, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan
There are currently no vacancies.