Africa's Social Impact Technology Accelerator.
The Baobab Network is Africa’s social impact technology accelerator. Powered by our corporate partners, we accelerate high impact technology start-ups across Sub-Saharan Africa, driving innovation, economic growth and social change.
Building Baobab businesses
Our name, brand and identity are inspired by the Baobab tree, an iconic symbol of life and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa. The start-ups we work with share many qualities with the Baobab tree: they flourish in challenging conditions, give life and energy to their communities, and have the potential to develop from something very small into something that can scale and continue to grow for years.
- We back young entrepreneurs delivering real change across Africa by investing in world class technology, accelerating scalable business models and creating deep social impact.
- We help our corporate partners to be leaders in a fast changing world by helping to innovate and stay ahead, being a part of Africa’s economic growth and find true sustainability.
Each year we accelerate 25 technology start-ups. We work with founders who are building solutions across five high impact areas:
- Access to healthcare
- Financial inclusion
- Food security
- Access to education
- Environmental sustainability
2024 Impact Goals
We have set five challenging impact targets in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. With the support of our start-ups and corporate partners, we aim to achieve these impact goals by 2024.
- Access to healthcare - Giving 7.5 million people access to safe, effective, high quality and affordable healthcare
- Financial inclusion - Offering 30 million people improved access to the financial system
- Food security - Enhancing food security by increasing the productivity of 10 million small producers
- Access to education -Increasing access to quality learning opportunities for 20 million people
- Environmental sustainability -Improving environmental sustainability by reaching 15 million people with clean technologies
We're not like other accelerators. We believe extraordinary founders deserve more than one-size-fits-all accelerator programmes. That’s why we create a unique, tailor-made accelerator for every start-up we work with. Every start-up is different, so we treat them that way.
Our process helps start-ups unlock their full potential
- Talent - World-class consulting from global business experts for intensive, 5-day, in-market workshops.
- Growth - Hands-on support from a dedicated Baobab Venture Partner to drive growth and help get start-ups market and investor-ready.
- Investment - A highly-qualified network of angel and institutional investors actively seeking tech and impact investments across Africa.
We support truly disruptive technology start-ups
All of our founders are building for-profit enterprises with purpose, creating scalable technology solutions to solve some of the greatest challenges facing the world today.
- 8 African countries where we have a footprint
- 57% of companies we work with have female founders
- 68 world class consultants supporting our portfolio
- 100% of our start-ups are run by local founders
“We managed to develop a go-to-market strategy and improved our business plan and financials a lot. UjuziKilimo is now on the path to success.” Brian Bosire Co-Founder – UjuziKilimo
- Africa | East
- Africa | South
- Africa | West
Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa, Kenya
There are currently no vacancies available.