Working in partnership with development agencies, governments, and private donors, we use our distinctive capabilities, deep expertise, and innovative delivery methods to achieve rapid and lasting impact
Recent economic shocks, questions about the effectiveness of aid in stimulating growth and improving outcomes, and the need to demonstrate value for money have added to the complexity of the international development challenge. McKinsey brings fresh perspectives, analytical rigor, and innovative solutions to bear on the most urgent and complex issues in international development today. Working across all sectors, functions, and regions, we help government leaders and donor organizations to shape development programs that deliver tangible results quickly and improve the lives of millions.
Over the past five years we have completed almost 500 development-focused projects worldwide. We support leading international development agencies, governments, and private donors in making their operations more efficient and effective, developing cutting-edge strategies and initiatives, and bringing projects to a successful conclusion on the ground.
EXAMPLES OF OUR WORK
Launching a global health partnership
Forging a new direction
Securing better educational outcomes
Defining an agricultural strategy
Supporting post-Ebola recovery
Reforming schools in South Asia
HOW WE WORK
- Our deep expertise in the public and social sectors is complemented with more than 90 years of private-sector experience across all industries and functions.
- We work as a trusted partner with heads of state, government ministers, and senior leaders of development agencies on their most pressing challenges.
- We support our clients with projects from start to finish, using our proven delivery methods, tools, and solutions for diagnostics, analysis, strategy development, capability building, and implementation.
- Focused units, such as our Africa Delivery Hub, enable us to gear our support to the pace and requirements of our clients in this sector.
- We help shape the global development debate by investing in proprietary research, fresh thinking, and an extensive publishing program.
- The McKinsey Global Institute and McKinsey Center for Government address critical economic and social challenges facing public and private institutions.
- Africa | East
- Africa | Middle
- Africa | North
- Africa | South
- Africa | West
- Americas | Caribbean
- Americas | Central America
- Americas | South America
- Americas | North America
- Asia | Central
- Asia | East
- Asia | Southeast
- Asia | South
- Asia | West