Development Alternatives, the world's first social enterprise dedicated to sustainable development.
It is our mission to help eliminate poverty and regenerate the environmental resource base through methods that are highly scalable. Through our activities, we cover broadly three primary areas that underlie any sustainable development process: the design and large-scale dissemination of appropriate technologies, rational environmental management systems, and equitable people-oriented institutions and policies. We innovate eco-solutions to help meet the basic needs of all and works with partners, including government bodies, local entrepreneurs and civil society to market these in a commercially viable and an environmentally friendly manner to an ever-growing body of consumers.
Since three decades we have been working in five focus areas
- Development Action
- Technology Innovation
- Policy Research
- Enterprise Solutions
- CSR Solutions
- Global Initiatives
Our method has been on the ground for decades and it is working
- Empowering Communities through multi-stakeholder action for:
- Institution Development with a focus on women and marginalized groups
- Basic Needs Fulfillment more specifically habitat, water, energy
- Creating Green Jobs at a large scale through promotion and support of:
- Employment Skills for Green Job Creation
- Enterprise Creation for Social Enterprises
- Promoting and advocating Low Carbon Pathways for Development through the design and demonstration of:
- Natural Resources Management Models
- Clean Technology Solutions
Thus, the conglomerate called Development Alternatives Group was set up, comprising five organizations. The Non-Profit Societies, such as the flagship entity Development Alternatives and TARA (Technology and Action for Rural Advancement) are responsible for research, innovation, policy, incubation of green businesses and technical support services.
We work towards our goals
- Vision - A world where every citizen can live a secure, healthy and fulfilling life, in harmony with nature
- Mission - To create models that generate sustainable livelihoods in large numbers
- Approach - Innovation, implementation and influence to create large scale impact
Development alternatives is providing a logical sustainable eco-solutions to ensure basic needs of all are met.
There are currently no vacancies.