With more than 4500,000 stoves sold since 2013, BURN has established itself as the most trusted jiko brand thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovative research and design, manufacturing excellence, and customer care.
Not only do we sell the world's most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa's only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
We currently offer four products that contribute to our vision of a world where cooking saves lives and forests:
- JikokoaTM and JikokoaTM Xtra: These charcoal clean cookstoves reduce fuel expenses by more than 50 percent, which is especially pertinent in Kenya given recent logging bans and subsequent effects on charcoal supply/costs to end-user consumers. Jikokoa Xtra is our newest stove, which is now Kenya’s largest, strongest and most durable charcoal jiko.
- KuniokoaTM is the world’s most fuel-efficient natural draft wood stove in the world. It offers families a safe, clean and economical alternative to cooking with wood.
- BURN Kamata: This sufuria gripper is our first product entry in the cooking accessory marketplace.
Since 2013, BURN has:
- Helped families save more than $111 million on fuel costs
- Benefitted more than 2 million people
- Saved 1.9 million tons of wood
- Reduced 3 million tons of harmful carbon dioxide in the atmosphere